OCA has established a
link with a major picture agency Alamy. In this exercise, you’re required to
submit 10 images to Alamy and have them passed by the company's quality control
so that they appear on its website. It’s up to you to select a category for
your series of images but you’ll need to shoot approximately 50 images for your
chosen category. Next, email a contact sheet with your best 20 images on it to
your tutor, indicating which 10 you think are the best. You’ll come to a final
decision on which to submit after consultation with your tutor.
I’ve chosen the
images (those with red ticks) to give a
fair representation of life at the seaside.
I’ve tried to include some pictures that you might expect and some that
show the seaside in a different light including evening. Whilst I take pictures of my town most weeks,
I tried for a mixture rather than the clichéd view that most people would have.
My tutor's reply to my contact sheet. I must agree that Marine Parade is stronger than Yellow Buckets.

No comments:
Post a Comment